
I finally finished the Tie Front Cardigan from Vogue Holiday 2006. I'm glad to get this one done. The pattern got a little repetitive after awhile. I've steam blocked, but I'm want to block out the lace a little more. So, I'll probably wet block in the next few days.
The yarn is Blue Sky Alpaca's Alpaca and Silk. It's super soft. I highly recommend it

Here's a close-up of the lace.
I almost feel like I'm cheating using this one toward my sweater a month count. This is the One Skein Wonder Baby Sweater from the book One-Skein Wonder by Judith Durant. It's for my cousins baby shower this weekend and took all of three hours dedicated knitting. I used a double strand of James C. Brett Marble.

1 comment:
I really like that Tie Front Cardigan, Hannah - it is gorgeous! You have inspired me now to go look up that pattern in my VK Holiday issue and see if the Blue Sky Alpaca & Silk that I have in my stash is sufficient to make it. I bought that for the Somewhat Cowl and frogged it about 4" into it. I was going to make the long-sleeved version, so I bet I have enough yarn, especially as this is lace, which uses less! It's a lovely light green color called "spring"! Totally want to make this NOW!
Post a Comment